Monday, December 10, 2012

Too Easy

:) Seemed perfect for a Monday posting...

The back is more interesting on this one...

One of the most excellent experiences in my life was the summer of 2010 when I attended Comic-Con in San Diego. In the course of 3 days, I had one-on-one conversations with Aaron Douglas, Guillermo Del Toro, Dirk Benedict, and Sarah Lancaster; sat in the same room as the television casts of The Big Bang Theory (with special guests The Barenaked Ladies), Sons of Anarchy, Chuck, and The Family Guy; had photos taken with David Hasselhoff, Amanda Tapping, Levar Burton, and Brent Spiner; and watched in awe/listened in adoration as Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams discussed the merits of television story-telling over film-making. Yes, I barely slept and the line-ups & crowds were absolutely crazy but it was an incredible time that I plan on reliving sometime in the future.

But even after I got home, the joy didn't stop. The lovely peeps over at ScriptPhD.com
had a post SDCC contest where they awarded a random Twitter follower a skookum Mythbusters prize package. AND I WON!  Considering the Mythbusters Comic-Con swag bag was the one I dearly wanted (after already obtaining a Big Bang Theory one) but wasn't able to lay hands on legitimately or otherwise during the convention, it truly sealed the deal as the most improbable happy ending for my fairy tale visit to San Diego.  It's almost as if I really did reject all realities except the won in which I won. How cool is that?

My prize pack courtesy of ScriptPhD.com

No comments:

Post a Comment