Friday, December 14, 2012

Music T Friday: Coldplay

As I write this, 27 families in Connecticut are trying to figure out how they will move on with their lives. I'll keep this short.
























I saw Coldplay in concert at Rogers Arena on June 20, 2009. We had seats behind the stage and that was pretty awesome because they were filming the show for their DVD release and, from our seats, we could see a lot of the effects up close that they were staging for the cameras. Most memorable was the balloons they released into the crowd for "Yellow"

And that's about all I have to say for this today's post. Anything more would feel frivolous. As the news continues to come in from Newtown, Coldplay's solemn lyrics and plaintive melody in "The Scientist" seems appropriate for the day. If only all those families could "go back to the start"...



Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry 
You don't know how lovely you are 
I had to find you, tell you I need you  
Tell you I set you apart
 
Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions  
Oh, let's go back to the start  
Running in circles, coming up tails  
Heads on a science apart
Nobody said it was easy  
It's such a shame for us to part  
Nobody said it was easy  
No one ever said it would be this hard  

Oh, take me back to the start
 
I was just guessing at numbers and figures  
Pulling the puzzles apart  
Questions of science, science and progress 
Do not speak as loud as my heart
 
But tell me you love me, come back and haunt me  
Oh and I rush to the start  
Running in circles, chasing our tails  
Coming back as we are
Nobody said it was easy  
Oh, it's such a shame for us to part  
Nobody said it was easy 
No one ever said it would be so hard 

I'm going back to the start

No comments:

Post a Comment